Day 23 What does Love Feel like in the body?

What I learned today was that Love and falling in Love isn't actually a feeling(as defined as positive). Its not something positive. Love is something you feel that is negative, it is an emotion(as defined as negative). The word that best describes it is unbearable pain. Within the context of Romeo and Juliet its easy to see. The caricature of a Romantic is someone who is in constant pain when separated from their loved one. It is torturous, it is unbearable pain. Its like the stereotype of the teenage girl who is in love for the first time. They are moody, overall dramatic in their  love. This unbearable pain is what it would actually feel like if you stopped and really felt what the body was feeling.

Instead of feeling this unbearable pain we are so focused in our thoughts and beliefs, which is how and why we think Love is a positive experience. We think we are in love, I am have boyfriend/girlfriend, and I am loved, and so we believe we must be feeling positive. When in fact we are feeling a negative experience of unbearable pain in our bodies and that is what is motivating us to be with our loved ones. What is interesting to observe is that when the relationship ends or in some moments in the relationship, all of this sudden rush of negative energy erupts within us. This negative energy was building up over time. And Love is the unbearable pain. 

How I know that love is this unbearable pain is because I am stopping and checking how the body feels with this energy. I can see in my body, in my arms, legs and generally throughout the body. There is no positive experience really. There is just this negative experience of unbearable pain. Though when I enter into my head and in my thoughts, I think I am feeling love, and I think I must being feeling good and positive because I believe love is something positive and good. Though its just the belief. In reality its a negative experience in the body. My body is my cross-reference.

Previously I found that Anger was a positive experience of feeling empowered. And now I am finding love to be a negative experience of feeling unbearable pain. It seems that everything is in reverse. We think and believe anger is something negative, and we think and believe that Love is something positive. So because of this conflict between what we think/believe and what we actually feel we are powerless to really change the experience and actually stop it. The key then is being able to stop and feel with your body, and be here one with it. That is how you know. Developing that trust, connection, and awareness with your body is how you will be able to change for real.

The desteni process is how I developed this connection with my body. This required using self-forgiveness and breathing purposefully to stop emotions and feelings, and thoughts in the moment. This is how I proved to myself that I can direct me in the moment without distraction, without being influenced.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat