Day 20 Respect

You can only ask for the amount of respect from another, that is the same amount of respect you have for yourself.

If you have low self respect, you will allow others to treat you like shit.

If you have high self respect then you won't allow others to treat you like shit, where you will remove yourself from the environment and/or speak up. But for sure you won't just take it and feel like shit and just continue like that.

You are responsible for your emotions and feelings.You are responsible for how you handle situations and other people.

Are you striving for the best quality of life for yourself? Here quality of life refers to things like how people treat you, and the kind of people in your life. There are sayings that say you choose the people you hangout with. You choose your friends. This choice determines much about you. Equally so, you choose to whether to spend time with your family. You don't have to spend time with your family or anyone. So you have choice. At the same time you don't always have choice if you don't have access to any money. Yet even when you don't have access to money, I bet you can find ways to improve your life. So this principle still applies. I am not an all knowing being that can say how exactly or what exactly you WILL do to make your life better. BUT I can say this:

The amount of respect that you will ask from others, will reflect the amount of respect you already have for yourself.

People who accept and allow abusive situations and do nothing to change it, have a shitty relationship with themselves. They don't have that self-respect and self-honoring. So for this reason they will accept and allow abusive people and enter into abusive relationships. The Abuse you accept and allow reflects your relationship with yourself.

Having that self-respect, is evidence that there are people that have respect for life and will treat you well, because you are the proof that YOU exist, as a someone that has self-respect.

Its not about blame or anger at another. Its about what you accept and allow. Its about the self-love and self-respect you have. How much do you care for yourself?

How I see it as well is that I am a child. That I have a child and that child I have is me. So would I want this child to be treated poorly or badly by others? No. I would move that child out of that situation and protect that child. So if I would do this for a child, why not for me? So that is why I am seeing myself as a child. I have value, and care, and a standard of living which I see ALL DESERVE to have, BUT you cannot force another to realize they DESERVE such a good life or a better life. Each ONE needs to see for themselves and live for themselves that self-respect, that self-love, that self-care. Otherwise it won't be real. Because each one can in fact do so much to stop the abuse in their lives. If only they had that care and respect for themselves.

This is something that I have only recently been walking and I have been walking this process for many many years now. So I can just imagine how long it would take for many to understand this point and then to actually live it and act on it, and actually have self-respect. So I understand many/most won't understand and that many will continue to accept and allow their abusive situations, and their abusive stance to themselves.

But if you hear what I am saying it means you are ready.

Investigate Desteni.org Learn about all the Selves. Self-forgiveness, Self-Trust, Self-responsibility, Self-honesty, and more!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat