Pain & Joy

I noticed something. I bought some soda and was drinking it regularly the last week. I noticed something weird in my body. I had a lessened sensitivity to pain. It was weird. I later checked and caffeine does decrease the sensitivity of pain receptors. I never had so regularly drink caffeine. It was weird. Though it does bring up an important topic to talk about, and that is Pain.

Normally, there is just pain throughout different parts of my body. And it is normal. Its not this immense pain, but then again its how you look at it too. Its the normal pain of just being alive and being physical. It is also the key to being sensitive to physical reality. It is being highly alert, or lets just say alert. In the same way that is how you enjoy the physical reality through physical senses. Enjoying the feel of the wind on your skin or the feel of water, or just the feel of laying down on a surface. It is all through physical senses. And where you are aware of what it feels through the body, you are also being aware of the physical pains.

What is also interesting about this is that you can easily distinguish between emotional pain and physical pain. To be able to tell the difference yourself is important.

Normally how people act and think is to get away from pain, which interestingly enough means getting away from being sensitive to the physical, from the physical itself. And so also the simple joys of being physical. What is also interesting is that this running away is aided by substances like caffeine it seems, and of course alcohol. I have hardly ever drank caffeine. Like I would soda at a party for example. Though never for several consecutive days like I did this past week. I also never really took any drugs.

Also I had practiced feeling the pain in my body, the physical pain, that exists just from it being here, being alive. What is interesting is that its right here, and yet we don't feel it, unless we bring our awareness to our physical bodies. That must mean that we are constantly in the mind, don't it?

So with having reflect on this, it opened the door to Joy as the physical. Joy is like that expression with your body where you get full on moving in your body cause its fun to. Like running just cause its fun to. Sprinting ahead. Laughing cause its fun to laugh. Saying something funny because its funny to. Laughing at your own jokes. Just playing around all over. All of this is done through the body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat