Day 689 Age doesn't matter

So I'm writing this blog because of something I observed about myself as I got older, and observed about other people who are older than me. And what is leading me specifically to write NOW, in this moment is watching this video. See Link:

Link

So she started dancing ballet 70 years ago and she never quit.

So something about age is funny. Like I mean, I am 29, I don't feel like I'm a different person when I was 13, because of my age or number. I'm still the same person, and the ways that I have changed is not because I'm older, its because of who I decided to be and my decisions to change, and what I decided to do in front of challenges and opportunities.

So there are things that I love and will always love. Because why on earth would getting older change things that I love to do? It wouldn't.

So its not strange at all for someone who is 80 year old or 90 years old to dance what they love to do, because they are the same person as before.

Like  another perspective is liking looking at who I am when I am 40, years old. I will still be me, I am not suddenly more wiser or whatever. If I am in its because of what I do during that time. That is how come you can have people who don't grow at all, and they are still like the same as they were when they are 40 as when they were 20 or whatever, and that could be in the bad sense.

I suppose the thing that we assume is that people who are older are better or more wiser, when that is not true. Its not because they are older. The same with being younger.

Another area that has come up, is when older women flirt with me, and I can understand like what's going on in them, that even though they are older that they are still the same as who they were when they were like 20, because on the outside you get older but on the inside you are the same. So if you are someone who for example has that kind of awareness and integrity not to do something bad/awkward, then it doesn't matter what age you are.

Like age is a deceptive thing because as a kid I placed value in how my teachers looked, they looked older than me, they looked old. So you assume they know things. When I grow up and see I don't magically change with age, I realize they were just people too. And that as you get older into your 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, you are still just a person, and you are who you were as you were younger. You are not magically different. Someone who is 80s years old is not different from someone who is 40s, I mean not for that reason of how they look or their age. So you can talk to them as a person. The same goes with kids too.

Like we are all going to get older,  and we are all people. Your fucking age doesn't make that major difference. You are getting closer to death, but pfff... who isn't? We all equally will die and only have this moment guaranteed. So when I see someone who is 90s years old and doing what they did since they were 70s or 50s or whatever, or they are learning something new, then that is great in the sense of a person doing something, but its not overly special, except that its special in how a person is not letting their age define. So yes FEEL your body, BE HONEST about where your body is at, BE PHYSICAL. Bodies age and get injured. But don't like age and getting older stop you. So that's why I say age doesn't matter.... when it comes to living and doing what you love and just being human, there is so much more that age doesn't define than you THINK.
Enjoy!



Thank you for reading my blog,
as a special note: Eqafe has launched Eqafe Unlimited, which allows you access to the entire library of Eqafe for a monthly subscription, just like Netflix. Its cheap and affordable. I have used eqafe to find and search for a point I had trouble with in process, such as anger, or fears. It always gave me that extra hint/clue to help me along in opening up a point in writing. Check it out! www.eqafe.com

Relevant eqafe interview:


Are you living an age appropriate life? Are you at the place you’re supposed to be according to how old you are now? Are you holding on to dreams and aspirations that belong to someone younger or older than you?
In this recording, discover how our relationship to age does not have to define or limit the life we create.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat