Being Quiet 243







Silence







I can become very quiet. I can sit and listen to someone talking to me, as long as they are talking. And I can sit with them in silence. I have never done this before, but I would find it quite enjoyable. That I would live/be with someone, and we would never speak, yet we would communicate without words.

Now that I went through a personal journey where I spoke and expressed me, I am looking what is required of me. Meaning that what the moment requires of me, whether it is to speak or not to speak. So to again be silent. And its simply based on what the moment requires.

Its funny that I have a slight to resistance to not speaking. It's only slight. I find that I can drown my thoughts in silence. That the silence is all pervading, all consuming, a never ending dark pool of liquid.

I have heard some people in my life say that to be silent, to not speak would be a torture, something that they can't do, and would lead to great stress and anxiety. I have seen people who rarely spoke, and I wondered what their experience was like.

I have been lost in thought. And I would consider thinking the same as speaking, just involving yourself privately, not out-loud.

So I would say this, that silence is the pauses between speaking. The length of which can vary. You're either speaking/thinking or you are not. And the silence is always there, present, during speech/thought, and is ready for when the speech/thought has finished/ended. 

When you are silent you are able to hear/here what another person is saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat