20 states just raised the minimum wage. It wasn’t enough. 228


http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2015/01/05/20-states-just-raised-the-minimum-wage-it-wasnt-enough/

Minimum wage in Florida this year rose 12 cents, up from $7.93 to $8.05. The pay bump applies to an estimated 365,000 workers. Roderick Livingston, 27, said it won’t lift him from “modern day slavery.”
“I work at Taco Bell in St. Petersburg, Florida. I work as much as I can, usually 25 hours each week. I sleep in my car. It’s an ‘87 Cadillac. It doesn’t work. So, I take the bus.
I am the father of two sons: a two-year-old and a seven-year-old. Most of my money goes to child support. The rest goes to my bus passes: weekly most of the time, and monthly if the money is looking good.
How do I eat? I take food from work and eat in the back room. And on the 12th of every month, the mother of one of my children gives me about $100 in food stamps.
Me and my kids, we can’t afford the things that we need. Anything that we want is a no-no.
I haven’t made more than $9 since I was 19. I did odd jobs. I worked construction. I was homeless for awhile. Now, I’m doing what I can to get back on my feet. The next step: Save $1000 to get back into an apartment.
The work that we do, it’s modern-day slavery. We’re not being compensated for the work we put in. Minimum wage, as it is now, is not a living wage. This 12-cent raise does not give us a living wage. It’s not just me — there are so many people out there, families out there, working hard to barely survive. People don’t want to party or anything like that. People just want to pay the bills.”

~~~
If you followed the trend of inflation, you would understand that a real minimum wage would have been $20 dollars an hour. But because the populace is uneducated about INFLATION. They cannot complain. So the trouble really is within the human being, education. Because if every person knew this, then action would be taken, wouldn't it? How many people work at minimum wages? How many people are unemployed. I bet you it is more than 50% of the population of the United Stated. If you are unaware that our system is one of parasites, that require the abuse of large number of people to sustain the wealth of few, well HELLOoOOOooO wake up call. The majority of people are poor. So the majority of VOTERS of poor, meaning that the Majority of Citizens of United States of America are poor.  If you are Poor you are part of the Majority, not the minority. Realize that Fact, let it settle in. There are more of you then there are of "them." What is one of the things that you believe about yourself? That you are unique, different, that no one can understand YOUR problems. Nope, that's a lie, because in fact most people are poor just like you. Most people are just victims. Are you a victim? DO you feel empowered? Do you have the power to decide what to do with your life? DO you have that? Welcome to the majority. But guess what....... I have a secret for you...... the majority..... the raw resource of our capitalistic system...... the workers of our economy........ they are the blood of the economy....... without us....... everything would fall.

So where does the real power lie? In money or in the people? Of course the people. But I suggest LIVING INCOME. Because we have a longgggggggggggggggg history of Violent Revolutions, which don't change ANYTHING. So VOTE for a Living Income. Mandate it by LAW. Create IT! And so it is written, and so it shall be done! The power of life is within your reach. You just have to grasp it.

Time to stand up, and claim your birth right. The laws don't have the power, the leaders don't have the power. The only place were disempowerment occurs, is with YOU. So join me, I am You-gan (lol), let's create the living income, Everywhere, so all may live a dignified Life!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat