The What if Question

What if...

I have been using the what if question to gain greater insight into my mind. The other day someone pointed out to me that I have a problem with desiring relationship. I had a hard time seeing what they were saying as it felt like I was done with wanting to go after relationship. But I decided to make sure and really check within myself thoroughly and completely. That is how I came to use the What if question.

So first off, I wanted to test myself for any positivity within me. So I asked myself the question, what if there was no positivity at all. So asked this and I began to see that I have my sight or my vision. I have the sense of the blood flowing in my hands. I have hearing sound. And so on and so forth. There was plenty here for me to sense. Now for some, some may be asking why would you ask this question? Are you saying there is something wrong with positivity? Are you not suppressing what you are feeling?  So in response, I would ask the person to consider how I was not aware before of my body when I asked this question. So there is a question now, if I wasn't aware of my body, what was I aware of? Well this can include the positivity. And the reason why I asked myself the what if positivity didn't exist, is because I wanted to show myself the positivity that I was indeed experiencing if it was here, because I was even having trouble being aware of that.

So from asking the above question, I did begin to see that yes I was thinking about relationships, and desiring them, but more specifically, I was desiring to feel certain feelings and gaining access to certain experiences. The relationship was not the end goal, but the means of which I gain my end goal, which were these positive experiences. So from here I decided to take things a step further. Because what I felt was still vague, not well defined, and out of reach. So I decided to ask myself another hypothetical question.

 I at this point could see that I wasn't so crazy about getting a relationship actually, because I saw the time and work needed and  so obstacles that would need to be overcome, and that for me detracted from having to actually create a relationship. So with commonsense, I asked myself well what if I removed all those obstacles, that I wasn't limited at all by space or time, what would I like to create or experience in a relationship. Thus I gained access to the exact fantasies and the exact positive feelings that were clear as day, because I could create them and simulate them in my mind in absolute detail. It was at this point was I really certain and sold that yes I indeed desire to have a relationship because here it is right in front of me, I am showing it to me using my own mind as the tool to do so.

So what is great is now I can understand in detail my desire. Because was is interesting is that when I change the fantasy in my mind, that my feelings respond accordingly. So if my feelings become more intense when I change something or add something to my fantasy, it indicates a desire for that. So it is direct and immediate feedback. And the truth is that I can readily and easily simulate my most desired fantasy because it is already a part of me, and so all I have to do is to will it and decide to see it and experience the feelings associated to it. Then it is here.

I was also successful in using What If to investigate a fear I had. In this case I had felt a fear within me in relation to performing a certain job. So it was also unclear, and not well defined for me, about what I exactly was afraid of. So in order to make it clear it seemed commonsense to just make the fear more. So in my mind I simulated the worst scenario that I fear happening at this job, and I mean absolute worse that it wouldn't be any worse than that. So after making this happen in my mind, I did a self-forgiveness on the fear and I found that I no longer felt this fear for the job. But I did find I felt another emotion, which was nervousness. So because the technique has worked so far I decided to keep using it. So I made the nervousness worse and my worst case scenario was to hear all of these insults and judgments aimed me about how I spoke. So again, with my mind I simulated what they were as if they were actually happening and being spoken to me. After I did self-forgiveness to release the nervousness about hearing such statements, I became clear again. All in all, this technique worked really well for me.

I hope you all enjoy learning about this new technique for self-investigation. Leave comments or questions below! Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat