The turtle is the ultimate meditating guru? Hmmm, maybe not. 322

https://eqafe.com/p/the-consciousness-of-the-turtle-part-1

So I had mentioned in the last blog I wrote, how I was applying a lesson that the above shown interview had. Now, this is within the meditation type realm. For those who meditate, this interview helps clarify something significant. So for me, I had still believed and  at some times thought that to be unaware or to be oblivious to the body was a good sign, meaning that you are so still and silent that the body feels like a blank slate with nothing moving. However, this couldn't be farther from the truth. As the interview points out, that this is actually you entering into a specific place in your mind, where you become unaware of your body, through a suppression of those experiences. The experience of being in the body, as I have been showing myself is a constant movement, where it feels like the legs are resonating, and moving, and circulating. And that is constant. And yes it does change, so even how it is resonating, changes. You can imagine for example how different it feels when you are running and when you are sitting. How the legs feel will be different, and will be circulating differently. So the conclusion and take away is that when you are here or present, then you are aware of the circulation and constant movement that is within your body, your environment and even your mind. For the mind though, like the interview suggests, you just bring your awareness back to your breathing. Because, like I had mentioned already, that you do enter into a specific dimension of your mind, when you are suppressing the awareness of the body. So that is by default not being here, so that is a point to watch out for. I would like to explain to that for me, meditation teachings included that you are doing well meditating when you are silent and there is no movement within you. Practically, this teaching is a mistake, and incorrect, as in reality, there is constant movement in your body. So trying to reach an absolute silence, is not possible. So the use of silence in meditation is suppose to be then a relative silence, where only relatively your mind is less active, but unfortunately most people who teach meditation and who meditate are not aware of that. Instead in meditation, silence is taken as an absolute silence. And because of that mistake or misinformation then people believe that they are good mediators when they are actually suppressing their own awareness of their body. In essence they end up using the mind to create a simulated or virtual silence. So they are actually using the mind, ironically.

So practically for me this has meant that I have had thoughts and moments where from the mind there is a thought that I should be feeling still and blank. This thought is expressed as a words, but more like a feeling/knowing or belief. So when that feeling comes up, then I feel a bit frustrated, and I try to find that stillness/silence, which usually involves doing some activity, whieh does lead to me not being aware of the constant movement within my body. So that is what silence/stillness and blankness a meant for me, practically. The solution then that I am applying is that in these moment of thought, that I stop the belief, and that I emphasize the awareness of the body of the circulation, resonance. And I would remind myself that the blank slate, and silence is not real, and is just a false misinformed belief.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat