Day 46 The Surprise in Music and Dance

This blog, I'm going to be remembering and sharing something good, something I would like to.

What's great about music/dance is the surprise moment in it. The moment requires your full attention!

When you are dancing with someone in a partner dance, someone is leading and someone is following. BOTH! Have to pay attention. I have lead dances and so its not boring I have to pay attention and play with it. I play with the rhythm, the pattern of the music I am dancing to. The fun part is listening to the music, following the beat and then BREAKING IT, and then going back INTO IT, and matching the beat, and then SURPRISING the person your dancing with. Are they HERE???  Are they paying attention? Can they FOLLOW? If I go fast now can they match it. If I go SUPER SLOW can they match it. Will they get annoyed? Are they disciplined? Can they be here in the moment?

All of these things are revealed when I lead. And if they are a great follower, then I can really enjoy dancing. I know I can do more COMPLEX and COMPLICATED dance moves, or I can go something really SILLY and FUN. I can make them laugh by surprising them. I can just listen to the music and get lost in it.

When I am freestyling on the piano, its the same thing. I lay down a pattern for the music. I lay down the beat. I then break it and then go back into the rhythm. I LISTEN to where the SONG or SOUND wants to go. Its all in the moment. I listen almost to what the piano wants to be played. I listen to what the music wants to be played. I listen to the sound. And I play it. Or the sound plays me. I follow the sound of it. I then insert my own creativity in it. I can do something very slow or something very fast. I can stick to the higher notes or just the lower notes, or mix between them. I can mix up the speed. I can imagine/hear the story that the notes are playing. I can visualize the message or hear what its saying like words, like voices speaking to me. The music is something Alive, and ME being here and paying attention to it, I am alive along with it.

When I play music and get into it, my body will start swaying with it.

I close my eyes, and I can play certain keys without looking.

I can get really intense with it, and bang on the keys.

I can go really soft with it, and just perfectly press the notes just right.

When I dance by myself, like at a dance party, I listen to my body and to the music. I ask and see/listen to what my body wants to do. I speak to the sections of my body. The wrists, the elbows, the shoulders. I can see okay this part wants to move like this. This part wants a turn, and so I create a movement with awareness on that part of the body. I create new dance moves in the moment without preparation. I listen to the song/music and I see what it inspires me to do. I STICK to the beat of the music and then I BREAK IT, with a surprise. I can go DOUBLE STEP or half step. I can go faster than the beat and join back into it, or I go slower than the beat and then faster than it and then join back into it. I get a work out for my whole body. I close my eyes, and I am not focused on ANYONE ELSE. I then open my eyes periodically and see what others I do, I may get an INSPIRATION from what others are doing in their dances. I sometimes slow down my dance if I get more tired to get a breather, and then after a breather I go back into it. Maybe I go and get some water or sit down for a second.

I never use drugs, alcohol, drink caffeine. No stimulants. Just through normal body, breathing and just commonsense I do it.

I used self-forgiveness in the beginning to remove my fears around all these points, and any other reactions.

Anyone can do this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat