Benefit, given in return, Gift 319

So why do you clean the dishes? Because you are given in return the gift of clean dishes.

Why do you clean the house? Because you are given in return the gift of a clean house or living space.

So, here we are emphasizing the importance of seeing the Gift within doing of things. What gift do you receive in return?

In comparison, you could look at the consequences of things. Why do you clean the dishes? Because you would have dirty dishes otherwise. Why do you clean the house? Because you would otherwise have a dirty or messy house.

So one mistake or problem that I have faced is only focus on the consequences of not doing something. Within that I would feel afraid of creating the consequence. And this would actually lead me to create the consequence partly because I was so afraid/stressed all the time. I was not instead focusing on the benefit, gift, and so receiving in return for what I effort/time that I gave.

So practically it is best to keep in mind everything that is involved, the potential benefit, potential consequence, and the effort/time needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat