Self-Honesty: The Depthness of Self within Communicating with words. 273



So today I am reflecting on this world self-honesty. Now when I learned of this word self-honesty, meaning being honest with yourself, I made a note to myself to focus on the word. Why? Because if I am honest about what is going on with me and what is going on in the moment right now, then I have what I need to be me, to be real, to create my life. So I notice this particularly revealing itself in self-questioning. So when I ask myself questions.

When I ask myself a question about what I am going through, or why I am doing something, there is already present a knowing that something is wrong/off. So this honesty, together with asking the right questions, which is also part of the honesty, makes for a really good pair/couple. The couple of honesty and questions. So just to play with this image...

Imagine their is a couple, honesty and question. Whenever a question is asked, the answer is an honest one. That is ideal isn't it. Ideally everyone would be honest in every moment. I can't say if that is best for a person to live right now, but I know that that is the kind of world we should or have to make. Because I want to live in such a world where I can be honest when answering a question. Now, honesty depends or have levels. You can being lying with the truth. So that's what's cool about real honesty, it is not defined so absolutely by rules and information. The honesty, the real honesty, is tied completely to the person. The same with the question, questions are completely tied to the person as well, and can vary in the quality, depth, and realness of the question.

So words have a depth to them, or at least they can, when we live that depth within ourselves. If you have lived this for yourself then you know what I am talking about. So self-honesty, depends on the depth of self that someone has developed. And I would go as far to say that every word is dependent on the person speaking it. There is a connection between each spoken/written word and the person. And that word carries that depth of the person. So be careful what you say!, lol. I don't mean to scare anyone, but there is that fear there isn't there? That when you speak or say something that you completely define yourself, and there is that fear that you do not have control of what you say because circumstance and pushing you to speak/say a certain way. Within this I observe the following.

That the depth of who you are is what is communicated through words, and that even though what you say may be determined by the situation, such as at work, talking with customers, the circumstance doesn't have to completely define who you are, because your depth can be present, if who you are is here while speaking from that depth, even though the words may be chosen for the context of Customer Service, for example. I have been observing that within talking to some Customer Service people recently. We tend to give words/labels and believe that we can categorize and understand what someone is doing/right wrong at their job based on what we hear, BUT if we are missing this dimension I am opening up on the depthness of self that is communicated through words, then we are missing the whole picture and understanding about how we actually communicate and what we actually hear when someone speaks.

If people understood this, then would people then focus their time and attention on developing themselves first? Before money, before anything else? That their life needs to revolve around developing their depth as a person, by connecting to themselves. This is not something money can buy. Who you are is something you make. And who you are determines what you do. So, this is the priority, clearly. But many are doing this, really? But just imagine a person that is that and develops that. I sure want to be that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat