Halitosis Day 178

I have Halitosis, and no its not terminal, but its stinky. Halitosis is the medical term for bad breath. So family members have been pointing out for some time how my breath stinks. There have been periods where they said it didn't smell, and periods, such as recently, where it has smelled. So there is obviously something I am not doing, and also perhaps things that I did before that worked, but I was not disciplined, nor really having a set of designated habits that were done for the very purpose of ensuring that my bad smells fine. So now I am walking a process of identifying what habits to practice in detail.

I googled on what would case bad breath an halitosis. There are a number of factors, excluding diseases and tooth cavities, they include food particles that remain in the mouth that allow for bacteria to grow, which can be on the tongue and also in between the teeth. Their solutions where to brush throughly and floss well to remove all food particles, and to keep the mouth well hydrated. Other options included using a mouth rinsing product that kills germs. They also mentioned how eating foods that smell such as onions and garlic, will create a smell because the food enters into the blood stream and eventually reaches the lungs, where the smell is actually in the air you exhale from the lungs. When this occurs, the only thing one can do is wait for it to pass through the body, or mask the smell.

I don't floss regularly, so I would say this would be one serious factor. Something I observed is how when I brush my teeth, how there remains sometimes food on the back of my teeth near the gums. Something I would do when I was younger, would be to pick my teeth gently in the back with my finger nails, and this would work to remove the white food stuff. At least while in the privacy of my home I would say that is ok, and I can wash my hands afterwards.

So these are three things I need to do regularly, at least once a day if not twice. Floss, brush, and use my finger nail to pick the sides. I will test this out, and report later on.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to resist implementing a new daily habit of brushing, flossing, and teeth picking, which is done for my benefit of ensuring my mouth doesn't smell bad.

I commit myself to remind myself to immediately check and clean my teeth, before I leave the house, and also in the morning when I wake up, and at night right before going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat