I don't Know

I have observed within myself how the words "I don't know" have been a instrument of disempowerment, of shame, of inferiority, of problem of stress. So, I decide to embrace the self-honesty of not knowing so as to empower myself, and change my relationship to the truth of not knowing. What I see is a vast history within our relationships where those who know are regarded as more valuable. For example knowing the answer to the questions, knowing a subject like math or history, or knowing what you want to do with your life etc... To say, I don't know is like a sin, at least that is how we treat ourselves, and so others. We teach to our children that it is a sin to not know something. This is most well shown within the role of being a teacher, which is not restricted to the paid profession, but includes any or all interaction where one becomes superior within what one knows and speaks from that superiority.

A life lesson I have learned is that wherever superiority exists, inferiority is created elsewhere. So when I feel superior in relation to knowing something, I automatically am preparing the experience of inferiority for when I don't know something. So I am creating my own torment through participating in the seemingly positive side to the equation. Though for those who know math, the positive and negative must be balanced on BOTH sides of the equation. What I described here is the act of balance.

In honesty, take a look, each one is born knowing nothing. So if we really believe not knowing is a problem, and is something to feel shame or inferior about, then that would mean that every baby is also shameful or inferior for not knowing anything, and is the epitome of that! So of course, this is stupid. Then why do we value knowing and devalue ourselves? Can't we see the problem this is creating and how it is not compatible with a Life? Life doesn't care about knowing or not knowing. It won't judge or value someone based on that. When you die, all of your knowledge can't help you.

So its not a problem to not know. It doesn't mean their is a problem with you. That you need to change. It doesn't mean that you are wrong, inferior, less than. Not knowing is simply not knowing. That's it. Nothing more or less. And it certainly doesn't speak about who you are. You are not a piece of knowledge. You are not knowledge. knowledge is something you use, which becomes just a part of you, and is stored in your body. It doesn't define you. You define you. That is how its even possible to believe it is a problem to not know and have that affect your life, because you have defined yourself in that way. You define you.

Embrace the honesty. Forgive the shame. I don't know, make that simply a statement for when speaking truly. Knowing when you don't know empowers you. Empower yourself. Support Yourself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat