Why Sudbury? 338

Right now, I am attempting to secure a position at a sudbury school, and to work there long term. Why?

So there are many reasons why. The work doesn't pay very much, so it isn't for the money. The first reason is that who I am as a person fits well in this school. So how I naturally am as a person. Open, honest, considerate, listening to others, being playful, making jokes, helping others, but also knowing when to be stern, especially when someone is doing something that is harmful/wrong, but also patient, mostly, though I am not perfect. Also working at a subdury school is unique in that my principles of equality among people, is applied in practice by having each student of each age, being equal under the rules and with the power to change those rules as anyone else, including me. I also have a high regard for the potential awareness and intelligence children can possess when they are respected, regarded, and given the ability to question, learn and understand through the environment. Sadly some children in the world are forced by their environment so that they don't learn, and don't have self-value, and so value for life.

Another reason, is that I see that the potential for these children at this sudbury school as having the greatest potential as being true leaders and examples of what it means to strive for your highest potential as human. This is based on my life experience, where I was suppressed through having to spend so much time in school work, that mostly was busy work. I did learn a few things in school, but there was so much time wasted in busy work, that it was inefficient. I also wasn't able to focus on my greatest flaws as I was too concerned with my survival of school. So where the students are now is where I was when I was 18 years old and in college, where I had the time to explore a bit more about who I am. Though no situation is perfect or ideal in this world. I still do see them as having a greater chance, as well as desire to learn what this world is and who they are in relation to it, which will become their decision ultimately, being who they are.

Another reason, is that I see that this school model could realistically be introduced to public schools in some form, like a hybrid or mix. The idea is that the more time children have to reflect, to investigate, and to do what they want to, the better. So whatever more time they can get, the better it is. As for me, I would push for the greatest deal possible for them. So something like a 50% reduction in total school work would have a sizable impact.  So working at this school, I see will also prepare me to see how such a next step could be possible. I am using my intuition here for such a future outcome. That would involve some political movement or movement of the people to push for such a change. Schools in united states are more regulated by the state than the country, so I see it as more possible to vote in such a change, also since taxes go directly into the schools.

Also, since I am acting with my intuition here, I see that there could be new doors that will open up here that I can't predict or know. Both on a personal level and in the greater future of humanity.

Also, on a very deep level of who I am, taking the role that I do at this school, I am fulfilling a part of who I am as a guide/support for children, within equality. Meaning who I am is who they are, and who they are is who I am. So this means respect, regard and consideration for the life that is within us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat