The Animal Kingdom Day 187

"I am one and equal to my dog Shana"

Read this blog for context: http://yoganjourneytolife.blogspot.com/2014/10/what-has-been-forsaken-and-forgotten.html

So when walking my dog Shana, like today, I try to keep pace with her. Meaning I am not too far ahead or behind her. I try to allow her to explore and go where she wants. I say try, because sometimes I require to direct her, which I do, when I see its important. One danger, is that she would fight with a female dog. Dogs of the same sex, female-female, or male-male, tend to fight. It hasn't happened in a long time, but it could happen. So I do have to be aware of the surroundings. Also when we cross streets, I need to make sure she does it quick enough to avoid an accident with the cars. We also cannot walk for forever, so I do guide her back and bring her back home. The same principles described here, I see being relevant to all other contexts of my life. For example, I require to guide and direct myself sometimes, and sometimes I can explore and do particular things I would like to do. Though the moment sometimes calls for certain actions or tasks to be completed, so I direct myself to do that. I cannot do one thing forever, so I direct myself home or to rest. And I will sometimes be in some contexts where I require to direct other people. I mean really, a person is an animal. Haha. I can see how in some people's minds that they see it as insulting to be called an animal, but look here:




We both have skeletons. Bones. Look at our internal organs. Its the same. We have penises or vaginas, hearts, stomachs, digestive tracts, lungs, blood and much more in common. We have skin, eyes, mouths, noses, ears, hair. The question would be what don't we have in common? haha, because we have so much in common. For whatever it may be, humans have more responsibility. I won't say humans have more power than dogs, but certainly humans haven't been owning up to the power they have, whatever amount it may be. Humans require to live their responsibility, much in the same way other animals live up to their responsibility. Animals act in harmony with their environment. So really, humans would aspire to be like the animals, if anything, that is to live in harmony with their environment. But really the point is equality, so we don't need to put ANYONE as more or less, but rather see what we can learn from the animals, plants, and nature as principles they embody.

So when I say I am one and equal to my dog Shana, I am really saying, what can I learn from Shana. What has Shana lived and applied? How is Shana living? And what would be best for all to live now knowing these answers?



Self-forgiveness:
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to view animals, plants, or nature, as above or less than myself, instead of standing one and equal to animals, plants and nature, and learning from them as much as possible, so I can be more effective.

Self-Correction:
When and as I see myself judging, believing, thinking or saying that animals, plants or nature is above or less than me, I stop and I breathe- I realize that the physical reality is one and equal, meaning we all function according to the same laws and rules, and our structures are built accordingly, with great specificity, which is evidenced by how much we have in common with dogs.

I commit myself to learn as much as I can from animals, plants, and nature, as well as this entire physical reality as a whole, so as to encompass each and every point, and may that knowledge serve and be used for what is best for all, to the best of my abilities. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat