Terrified of Living

So I had a dream last night... a nightmare, which reveals something quite relevant and true which we all as people today may be going through in some way or another throughout our daily lives even if it may not be apparent or obvious at first. So how can a nightmare be something in my daily life?

In my nightmare, there was this gigantic robot that's sole purpose and desire was to freeze human beings using his ice cold freeze ray. To essentially kill. Throughout the nightmare I was escaping the robot. This went on for a while. I was hiding in different locations and running into various people. I felt terror. I was running away trying to go to the least likely location that the mad killing robot would find me. At the end of my nightmare, he does find me when I expected to finally be safe. If felt like no matter how hard I tried or what I did, there was nothing I could do to run away, to change my fate, to give myself a different life, a meaningful life. I didn't have control or power.

So in real life, this is something I see as being a very real emotional experience people go through today. Where we feel powerless, and we fear being powerless. We emotionally believe we lack control or power over our lives and our fate, and we react with fear. This being reflected in our poor decisions: we rush, we run, as if we are being chased by a mad killing robot. Our decisions in daily life become compulsive, become reactive, based on an instinct of fear.

Things couldn't be farther from the truth. In reality, we do have power and control. Over the one thing that influences all things in our lives. That is ourselves. Who we are, what we are in the moment determines all else. What we are thinking, what we are fearing, what we are believing.... that determines everything. The most important point of focus should be on who we are in the moment, not what we are doing. As a wise man said, it is not what we do, but who we are in what we do that matters most.

So if we are within fear, no matter what the object we are fearing may be, what is created is more fear: decisions of fear, actions of fear, perceptions of fear, and thoughts of fear. Fear leads to more fear. And fear... is stupid. Stupid actions, stupid decisions, stupid perceptions or beliefs, and stupid thoughts. Fear is stupid.

The answer to fear is simple. Stop. That is the only appropriate response to fear. Unless there is a train hurdling towards you, fear is not relevant. On a rare occasion, once in a blue moon, fear is relevant, but even then you still want a sound mind and sound self. So take control, take directive principle of yourself. Don't just be the result of fear. Be a creator of yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat