I want to be free VS. I want to take responsibility


I want to be free VS. I want to take responsibility

Some people say they want to be free from their mind. You can also say, free from the burden of my mind, free from haunting thoughts, free from guilty memories etc… These are all similar to saying I want to be free from my mind.
If the above example is not easy to relate to, you can try others, such as I want to be free from my problems, or free from this annoying person etc…

Now, compare the above examples of wanting to be free to wanting to take responsibility. Because you may say to me that you want to be free of all of these bad things that are happening in your life, but then I have to ask you are you willing to take responsibility for your life? At that moment, a person will hesitate. Why is this?

This is because the person in some level of themselves know that they haven’t been taking responsibility for themselves in these situations. And the real solution to their problems IS to take responsibility for themselves and for directing the situations. So if they are genuine, honest in really stopping the problems in their life, what they are after is not freedom, it is responsibility. Because responsibility is the solution not freedom. Why is this? Take a look at the following example.

Imagine that magically all of your problems disappear. All of them. Imagine that you do have your freedom. Now, would the person, you, actually change in any real way? Because if I now bring back your problems, wouldn’t you act the exact same way as before when you complained about your problems and wanted freedom? Yes because nothing has really changed, except what is on the outside, in the environment. Compare this to someone who takes responsibility for the situation and changes it. That person wants to take responsibility and looks for solutions. They want to develop themselves. They want to change themselves, and become stronger. They want to direct their life and make the decisions regarding their life.

If you could only take one phrase with you, only one, which one would you take? I want to be free from…  OR I want to take responsibility for…
Have you decided? I know its silly because you can take both statements with you. But the decision you make, if you can only take one, makes a difference because you will in the future face moments with problems, with things that need directing. What phrase of words that you live will be your decision and who you will be in those moments. So in fact, you do make a choice to live one phrase or the other phrase. It’s best to pick now and make that decision now. This decision determines your quality of life and your future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat