Expectations

Recently the word expectations has come to my attention, where in different moments, I was reacting towards expectations that I had towards what others expected of me. So these expectations were/are defining my living, within reactions.

I don't recall ever working with the words expectations, specifically, so that is something I would like to do here.

Expectations as a word is interesting. It refers to that which you perceive another has as a desire, and in this case, a desire for me to act, behave, or do. And what is interesting here in this case is that I am have expectations or beliefs about what another has as an expectation for me. So in my perception as a belief in my mind, they expect me to act or be a certain way. Within that I react when I do or don't follow the expectation. Now here is something interesting where within doing what I expect them to expect of me, I feel something positive. This is a reaction, even though it is positive. This is a cool point to look at, because this part is equally part of the entire expectation itself. Wherein I am changing how I act and do and live to meet the expectations.

Now, in the world out there, where you survive for money, it is quite emotionally challenging, where you can get easily lost within the survival. You can easily simply accept and allow the slightest reaction if you believe that it is guaranteeing your survival or helping you to survive. So in your mind you have beliefs about expectations that others have. Granted some of them MAY be right. But have you really tested them? Do you really KNOW? Or are you merely acting within a belief that you know. Again, this is quite challenging.

So in looking at my recent experiences in recent events. Expectations or beliefs that are wrong or misaligned are ... well... misaligned, so they are limiting you, and also probably limiting others. In other words, something needs to change, and the expectations must change. Because the entire point you relied on to inform you how to act and be was wrong. And that's okay because you probably didn't know. And that is how you learn and change. And next time, perhaps to be more proactive and aware of how to test the expectations. And in all honesty, you are going to come to a point where you just have to go with what you have, and just see what happens. That's OKAY. Just make sure that you have it clear within you, what expectations you are having and make sure that they are aligned with reality as much as possible. Meaning that you limit information that is incorrect as much as possible. And again, will you make mistakes, guaranteed. Just make sure you spend time adjusting, readjusting, and relooking. So you are constantly checking up on yourself and what you are creating.

THAT is the best you can do. And its proactive. And with awareness.

Its actually quite healthy to challenge expectations, which means testing them, until you get some physical real world feedback. Because what else would you do? Simply wait and never see?

So its not that expectations are bad, but that you are aligned with the real expectations that you are willing to follow, that support you within what is best for all. So it all depends on everything involved. There is no hard and fast rule.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat