Joking around or creating consequences

So this week I was looking at the topic of comedy and humor. And lo and behold, there were two videos on facebook that are suppose to be hilarious pranks. Now, really even though some people may consider it funny, it does not mean it is acceptable simply because it is funny. In fact, these two pranks are not acceptable.

Links
https://www.facebook.com/gmercado.luna/posts/10152898259406039

https://www.facebook.com/gmercado.luna/posts/10152898258581039

So the pranks are throwing a pie in someone's face, and scaring someone with a tiger.

So the reason why these pranks as jokes as something funny is not acceptable is because of the unpleasantness of having whipcream smeared all over your face, and the belief that you may die, respectively.

There is no lesson or message to be heard, and the other person does not have fun. These are jokes/pranks at the expense of the other person. These kinds of jokes, should be illegal, especially in this case where it is publicize and money is made off of pranks. The fact that money is made off of these pranks, goes to show how we as a people have accepted outright abuse. Now this reminds me of one particular video I saw. A father had their young son watch a jump scare video. The boy freaked out and the father was just laughing hysterically. Now I have had adults, including my father do similar pranks where it was irresponsible and abusive, especially with children as they will believe you and trust. This is the video:



I do find such actions heinous. As well as when I see people laughing when someone gets hurt physically. I question, why do people respond with laughter when seeing other people in pain, instead of their first response being concern, and action to help the person? I remember seeing such videos in a group setting in class one day, and most kids did laugh, only a few, like one or two, including me didn't. And yes I did want to laugh. I had an experience of wanting to laugh. Why? Why is this? Because I do remember a time when I was young and I didn't have the response to laugh.

So laughter, jokes, as with everything is misaligned. We have to walk a process of correction with laughter and jokes. We need to question our reactions/and responses. What I see is useful is to compare and contrast the different moments of laughter and joke making. To see where there are consequences, or even benefits to people. I see no room for jokes when it comes to anyone's expense. I do see that jokes can be used to benefit everyone, in seeing a new point of view, or point something interesting to consider. For lack of a better word these are more creative and intelligent jokes. That doesn't mean you can't use profanity or topics that make people uncomfortable. That too can be a point to provide perspective on in a humorous way. As with everything, let's push ourselves to be better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat