So it is written and so it shall be done 234





So it is written and so it shall be done.
So what does the above phrase mean? To me it appears that a person with such authority, trust, reliability, and predictability, state that if he writes something, than that written word is binding and he will honor that word, and act based on what he wrote. This is pretty immense power, isn't it? It involves self-control, self-will, self-mastery, to carry out exactly what you said you were going to do. What do you notice about people in power, or in wealthy positions? Don't they follow their word, and carry through exactly what they said they will? Is this the very definition of being a trustworthy person? Perhaps it is, or at least partly.

How about in one's individual life? Let's take me for example, I write here in this blog. So if I were to write that I am going to do something, and with such authority, and consistency, that I do it. Well... Then I did it, haha. So this would be me living out, so it is written and so it shall be done.

So do you know what I notice about this authority and living out these words? That it's not the words per se, but my relationship to the words. Because I could write anything, and I have written out words, commitments that I didn't follow through plenty of times. So the difference really is my authority, my conviction, my  commitment to actually commit to follow through with the words I wrote, and what I had committed to do. Another thing I notice is that as I wrote words/commitments that I didn't really write as a commitment statement, meaning that yes I wrote out "I commit to..." yet that is not the same as actually in that moment being committed and so actually making a commitment. So this is a perfect example of it being Who You Are, and Not What You DO that defines You. It's all about who you are in your words, not the words you write out. And you are aware of this on some level, at least I was, that I was cheating in a way. Not being genuine. And noticeably not really changing.

So what did I find as a solution or what can I offer as a solution. Well for me I had a good reference of such absolute authority from these words "so it is written, so it shall be done." I saw this in a movie on the old testament with King Ramses and Moses. In the movie the kind did speak with such absolute authority that he will do everything in his power to live up to these words, so in a way, without mercy. So without mercy in this context is without hesitation, without flinching, or wavering. So 100% absolute so what the words absolute actually means. So within me, I saw I could call upon those words and memory, and live it for myself. That with that intent, or decision that these words here, what I am about to write is binding and absolute. Within that point there is trust, confidence, clarity, and simply absence of fear. That is authority. And of course what I notice that is interesting now that I am reflecting and explaining this point in written form, that this is just me, that's all. I am just moving a certain way. That's it, simple as that. Because we tend to have ideas that such absolute authority is great or powerful or awesome or positive, or desirable, or fearful (paradoxically). But when you live it, and are aware of what you are doing, its such the simplest of movements. No more than lifting an eyebrow. So this is the illusion or false idea/perception we have about ourselves really. This proves we don't really know ourselves, do we?

So, So it is written, and so it shall be done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat