Stop thinking about what other people think. And you are left with your own thoughts. Day 89


Throughout the day I am riddle with thoughts about what other people think: about me, about this, that, whether they feel happy, sad, angry. As a result I feel so overwhelm with guilt and self-consciousness, and blah, that I start thinking stuff on the line of I have to kill myself. It gets  filled up like a steam cannon and I just feel like I have no way out, and so I implode in a sense. But when I stop thinking about what other people think I already feel a bit relieved and the backchat loses its power, and I can take an assuring breath. By stop I mean I literally just stop within myself. I just do it. I stop. And it works as long as I stop in each moment. And now I can see that all thoughts are me, are my thoughts. Before I couldn't. So I guess the lesson is when you think about what other people think you start believing that your thoughts are not your own responsibility, they are in a sense not yours, which is not true. So stop thinking about what other people think, if you want to begin to know the truth of yourself and this reality. Thanks.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to spend one iota of a second on what other people think.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to give such value to thoughts that I accepted the thought that it is impossible to operate without thinking constantly about others and their minds and thinking.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to accept and allow automatic thinking about what others think, instead of stopping all thoughts.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to perceive and believe that the thoughts I had about what others think are not really my thoughts that they were really me assessing the situation when really they were automatic and made judgements that could not be based in fact, and so were rooted in speculation and assumptions that were never tested rigorously.

When and as I see myself thinking about what other people think, I stop, and I breathe- I realize thinking will not help me ever - I realize that thinking about what others think will not help me in whatever situation I am in, in understanding the person, or situation or an event - I realize that thinking does not present reality, only fiction- I realize I cannot function effectively in reality or achieve my goals if I am constantly thinking about what others think- I realize thinking is a waste of time and energy- I realize that if I want to get to know someone that I will not get to know them by thinking about what they could be thinking.

I commit myself to stop constantly thinking about what other people could be thinking and to investigate my own thoughts and take responsibility for them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat