Day-55: Standing up (1)

 
Below is an email I received from change.org,
Release my boyfriend and soup kitchen manager Donald Perry, in prison since August for offering a ride to a homeless man.
Sign My Petition
Yogan -
In 2011, my boyfriend Donald Perry -- a manager at a soup kitchen and homeless outreach center in western Massachusetts -- was pulled over and arrested. His crime? He gave a ride to a homeless man who, though Donald didn't know it, had stolen items with him including an iPad.

When the man realized the police were using GPS to track the iPad to Donald's car, he fled -- leaving Donald to be arrested. But although Donald was acquitted by a jury in July, he is still in prison seven months later.
At the time of his arrest, Donald was on parole for a robbery he committed 30 years ago. But since then, Donald has been one of the Parole Board's great success stories -- especially because of his tireless service to the homeless. Donald isn't a danger to society -- he's a loving father, grandfather, partner and public servant. He should be home with me, not in prison.
When Donald first told me he was on parole, I wanted to cut the relationship off. But he won me over with his commitment to serving those in need and his boundless love for his children and grandchildren. We were working hard and we were happy -- we were even planning our next vacation together.
As of today, Donald has been in prison for 17 months. He is surrounded by men who feel hopeless and in some cases are mentally ill and physically dangerous. It is terrifying that a hearing next month could decide whether or not he goes home -- or stays in prison for years to come even though a jury acquitted him.
We've been so touched by the outpouring of support for Donald from our community that we're ready to open up to the possibility that many more people around the country could stand with us to call on the Parole Board to let Donald come home. If thousands of people sign my petition, I think we have a real chance the Parole Board will listen.
Thank you.
Elaine Arsenault
Montague, Massachusetts


When I look at our government, I see that it is designed as a kind of punisher or controller that people want to be placed unto themselves. In other words, people like that they are controlled and manipulated and told what to do. Why would they like this? Bottom line, energy. Because the system enables them to hoard more and more energy as stuff or things or other people, in relationships, or children etc... Freedom is evil. If I give freedom for evil to exist, then this freedom is an evil thing, isn't it? I have been struggling with what is wrong or right, and whether who i am is wrong or right. One thing that should be removed is energy. One thing that should be stopped is energy. One thing that we need to give up is energy. We need to take responsibility. I need to take responsibility. I need to give up energy. I need to stop participating and following energy. I need to stand up and direct myself with and as myself. I need to stand one and equal with myself to change. I have to stop existing in an inferiority complex to myself. I need to take responsibility and forgive myself. I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fight with myself, and see myself as inferior to myself and unable to stand up one and equal with myself. 
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to follow energy.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to trust energy.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to trust my own thoughts to be telling the truth.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to never question my thoughts. 
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not change with and as my thoughts, to stop thoughts as myself because they lead to my self-destruction. 
When and as I see myself thinking I don't know what to do, and I clench my jaw - I stop and I breathe - I realize that I need to find out what will be most supportive or beneficial to all for me to take on in this moment. I realize that entering into inferiority and pessimism will not help me find out what to do, and decide what I will do, and do that which is best for all or takes all points into consideration.
I commit myself to live moment to moment, taking into consideration that which is needed or needs to get done to the benefit of all as one and equal. 
As an individual we are direct contributors to the law, legal, business, economic, and political sectors. In other words, we can propose a new law, legal, business etc... model, one that is compassionate and all-beneficial. See equalmoney.org for this kind of model. Also read the Economist's Journey to Life blog for info on Equal Money Capitalism
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 902 We can win

The Non-emotional, and DUTY Personality 270

Day 738 Here's a Cat